- 10 year warranty includes bearings
- Roller bearings on drive side
- Extra-large ball bearings on non-drive side
- Patented seals
- Entirely made from stainless steel and aluminum
- Made in Germany
- Weight: 268 g (108 mm)
The ONLY option for ISIS cranks! Tired of ISIS bottom brackets that last only a season or two? The larger ISIS spindle leaves less room for the bearings. Most high-end bottom brackets use pressed-in cartridge bearings with tiny balls that wear quickly.
SKF designed their cartridge bottom bracket from the ground up to optimize strength and durability. The bearings run on races ground directly into the spindle and the shell, so SKF can use larger balls and rollers for optimum durability. For example, the non-drive-side balls measure 4.5 mm in diameter.
To keep the bearings running smoothly, SKF designed and patented multi-stage seals that retain the grease and keep out water and dirt. Other modern cartridge bottom brackets, even the most expensive models, are relatively simple designs with exposed bearings that are separated from the elements only by rubber dust shields, which are not designed to keep out water.
All parts of the SKF bottom brackets, including the bearings, are made from corrosion-free stainless steel and aluminum. Installation is simple, and requires only an ISIS-type bottom bracket tool. Do not use a "single-hook" bottom bracket wrench, as it can crack the hardened stainless steel of the BB shell.
Mountain and Road (BXC-600/BRI-600)
• 108 mm spindle, BSC or ITAL threading (for 68/70 mm-wide BB shells)
• 113 mm spindle, BSC or ITAL threading (for 68/70 mm-wide BB shells)
• 118 mm spindle, BSC threading (for 68 and 73 mm-wide BB shells)
• Reinforced spindle (smaller bolt hole)
• BSC threading
• Suitable for 68 and 73 mm-wide BB shells
• Spindle length: 113, 118 mm
• Includes crank bolts
Delivery time is estimated 2-3 weeks on all SKF Bottom Brackets